About Me

A tall mouses tale, that is completely true, detailing my time at The Delamar Academy, Ealing Studios, London, harnessing and honing my skills as a hair and make up artist for film, tv and theatre.....join me!...x

Monday, October 24, 2011

Bloody hell!

Here i sit, perched in front of my temprimentally screened Macintosh, in my humble little nest by angle poise lamp light, picking large globules of silicone form the back of my hand that is currently caked with fake blood and greasepaint...the tell tale palette of the humble makiage artisto... yes dear friends today was the start of a week filled with scars, bruises, acne, rashes, burns, dead skin, sweat, tears, bullet holes and open wounds...and thats just the students... I must say a big thank you to those folks who took the time to send me photos of their, quite frankly hideous, injuries via my facebook plea....please keep on the look out for me as i shall now be hassling you for them for the rest of my career.... Today we started with scars and bruises. Rrrrrregarde:
Jodi here, sporting a few scars, each one applied with a different product. The one closest to her ear, in my opinion the best one, was created using collodian, a harmless looking subject until you try to remove it....her scar was coloured with greasepaint. The other two were created using tubed scar gels, then coloured in the same way.
"i didnt mean it Phil, honestly i didn't!.."..... im not sure whats worse here, my photography or Jodis acting, still full points for effort love. I created a black eye using greasepaint and colours from my bruise wheel, i also created the cut in her brow using scar gel, greasepaint, wound filler and fake blood. Her little scratches didnt turn out quite right, but they were created using a stipple sponge and greasepaint with a touch of (my new favourite product) scab in a jar.
I then added a cut along her chest using silicone. The silicone was applied using a silicone gun, i then shaped the wound using a metal spatula and created the slit down the middle. The wound was then filled with grease paint, wound filler, and fake blood.
and yes, she got her own back......
cant wait for tomorrow. X

No comments:

Post a Comment